|Real Name/Full Name
|Jason Frederick Kidd
|Nick Name/Celebrated Name:
|San Francisco, California, United States
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:
|23 March 1973
|50 years old
|In Centimetres – 193 cm
In Feet and Inches – 6′ 4″
|In Kilograms – 95Kg
In Pounds – 210 lbs
|Father –Steve Kidd
Mother –Anne Kidd
|Joseph Notre Dame High School in Alameda
|Porschla Coleman(m. 2011), Joumana Kidd (m. 1997-2019)
|Yes, Cooper Anne Kidd, Trey Jason Kidd, Jazelle Kidd and Miah Kidd
Jason Kidd is a former American basketball player who started playing basketball since his high school. He is a renowned ten-time NBA All-Star, five-time All-NBA First Team member, and nine-time NBA All-Defensive Team member. Jason Kidd retired from playing basketball in 2013 and started to work as a coach. He currently coaches Milwaukee Bucks.
Well, how well do you know about Jason Kidd? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Jason Kidd’s net worth in 2024, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Jason Kidd to date.
Biography and Early Life
Jason Kidd was born on 23 March 1973 in San Francisco, California. Jason Kidd was born to Steve Kidd and Anne Kidd. He grew up in Alameda. Kidd is of African and Irish ethnicity and American nationality.
Jason Kidd has two sisters, namely, Kim Kidd and Denise Kidd.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Jason Kidd in 2024, and what is his height and weight? Well, Jason Kidd’s age is 50 years old as of today’s date 22nd February 2024 having been born on 23 March 1973. Though, he is 6′ 4″ in feet and inches and 193 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 210 lbs in Pound and 95 kg in Kilograms.
Jason Kidd attended Joseph Notre Dame High School in Alameda. While her, Kidd started to play basketball under the guidance of Coach Frank LaPorte. Kidd received honors as one of the 35 Greatest McDonald’s All Americans.
In 1992, Jason Kidd joined California College soon after completing his high school education.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Jason Kidd is married to Porchla Coleman, a former model. The couple marries on 10 September 2011, and they have been blessed with a child called Cooper Anne Kidd.
Previously, Jason Kidd had married Joumana Kidd in 1997. However, their marriage did not last long following domestic abuse and assault on his wife. Jason Kidd was advised to take anger management classes for six months. On 15 February 2007, Joumana filed a divorce against Kidd, claiming that he broke her rib and damaged her hearing after smashing Joumana into a car’s console. The couple had sired three children; Trey Jason and twins Miah and Jazelle.
Jason Kidd has had an encounter with Toni Braxton and May Anderson.
Is Jason Kidd Gay?
The sexuality of Jason Kidd is straight. He has a wife called Porchla Coleman.
Jason Kidd’s career journey debuted in 1994 when he began playing basketball following his selection done by Dallas Maverick during the first round of the NBA draft.
In 1994, Jason Kidd began playing for the Mavericks. However, in 1996, Jason left the team. Jason Kidd had received a good deal from the Phoenix Suns, but it was affected by his marital problem where he was charged with domestic abuse of his wife.
In 2001, Jason was traded to play for New Jersey Nets. While playing here, he received nominations to the All-NBA First Team.
On July 1, 2004, Jason Kidd went through surgery to heal a fractured knee. On 19 February 2008, Jason was traded again to play for the Mavericks, where he won the NBA Championship on June 12, 2011.
On July 12, 2012, Jason received a contract to play for New York Knicks. He played for the team until 2013, when he retired. After his retirement, Jason Kidd became the Brooklyn Nets coach, and in 2014, Jason became the head coach for the Milwaukee Bucks. He is still currently coaching the team.
During Kidd’s basketball career, he won the following awards: NBA Rookie of the Year Award, NBA All-Defensive team, All-NBA Team Award, among many more.
In the nomination category, Jason Kidd received the nomination for the Best NBA Player ESPY Award.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Jason Kidd in 2024
As of 2024, Jason Kidd’s net worth currently stands at $80 million. His work as a professional basketball player has earned him such a great fortune. He also received contracts to play for various teams, and he earned a good amount from those contracts. Currently, he is a coach and still earning from his work.
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Jason Kidd is the third person to debut as an NBA head coach since the ABA-NBA. This came after his retirement as a basketball player.
- When Jason Kidd was young, he visited Oakland’s city courts where he commiserated himself against the future of NBA Hall of Famer Gary Payton.
- Jason owns small belongings in Brooklyn Nets.
- Jason’s father was African-American, whereas his mother was an Irish-American.
- When Jason Kidd was a youth, he was highly scouted for AAU teams and tourneys, gaining various all-star and MVP awards.
- On January 31, 2012, Jason Kidd received an honor as one of the 35 Greatest McDonald’s All Americans.
- Jason Kidd was part of the ‘Three J’s’ in Dallas together with Jim Jackson and Jamal Mashburn.
- In 2011, Kidd became the winner of the NBA Championship as part of the Dallas Mavericks. He was also the winner of a two-time Olympic Gold Medal during his pro career as part of Team USA from 2000-2008.
- Kidd was featured in Like Mike film in 2002.
- During Kidd’s earlier years of his career, he recorded a rap song called ‘What the Kidd Did’ on a stunt album by the name B’Ball’s Best Kept Secret.
- Kidd received a basketball scholarship where he opted to enroll at UC Berkeley over other colleges such as the University of Kentucky, the University of Arizona, Ohio State University, and the University of Kansas.
Jason’s great abilities in his career have landed him in many doors of success. He had a passion for basketball, and for sure, he has made many teams he played for proud. As a coach, he teaches aspiring basketball players the skills he used while in the field.