|Real Name/Full Name||Andrew W. Houston|
|Nick Name/Celebrated Name:||Drew Houston|
|Birth Place:||Massachusetts, United States|
|Date of Birth/Birthday:||4 March 1983|
|Age/How Old:||38 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 170 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 7″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 68Kg
In Pounds – 150 lbs
|Parents Name:||Father –Ken Houston
Mother –Cecily Houston
|School:||Acton Boxborough Regional High School|
|College:||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)|
|Profession:||American billionaire Internet entrepreneur and co-founder and CEO of Dropbox|
|Net Worth:||$2 billion|
|Last Updated:||October 2021|
Drew Houston is an American internet entrepreneur, best known as the CEO and the founder of Dropbox. By the time he was 24 years, Drew had worked in many start-up businesses. Drew launched Dropbox in 2007, where the service works by sharing files. He launched together with his MIT classmate, Arash Ferdowsi. Dropbox has received over half a billion signups from many people around the globe.
Well, how well do you know about Drew Houston? If not much, we have compiled all you need to know about Drew Houston’s net worth in 2021, his age, height, weight, wife, kids, biography and complete details about his life. Well, if you’re all set, here is what we know about Drew Houston to date.
Biography and Early Life
Drew Houston was born on March 4, 1983, in Massachusetts, United States. His father worked as an electrical engineer who studied at Harvard University. Drew’s father purchased a PC, on which Drew started learning to program. When Drew played video games on the computer, he was moved to understand how the games worked.
Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
So, how old is Drew Houston in 2021 and what is his height and weight? Well, Drew Houston’s age is 38 years old as of today’s date 16th October 2021 having been born on 4 March 1983. Though, he is 5′ 7″ in feet and inches and 170 cm in Centimetres tall, he weighs about 150 lbs in Pound and 68 kg in Kilograms.
Drew attended Acton Boxborough Regional High School for his secondary studies. He later joined the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), where he studied computer science. After finishing his college studies, Drew graduated.
While undertaking his studies at MIT, Drew met with his fellow Dropbox co-founder, Ferdowsi. Ferdowsi is the current CTO and co-founder of Dropbox.
Drew learnt about the computer on his own. There was a time Drew discovered some sensitive bugs and later informed the entity. At the age of 14 years, the same company invited him to work with them. Before Drew launched Dropbox, he had already worked in other platforms like Hubspot, Bit9, and Accolade.
Personal Life: Dating, Girlfriends, Wife, Kids
Drew Houston currently resides in San Francisco, California.
Is Drew Houston Gay?
The sexuality of Drew is straight. At one time, he was dating CeCe Cheng, who works as a partner at Makers Fund.
Drew Houston had already worked in other entities like Bit9, Hubspot, and Accolade. At the age of 24, Drew had already known how to handle internet-related stuff efficiently. He worked for many start-up firms that mainly dealt with the business stuff of the newly developed technology. Working in such companies made him expertise in the technology field.
In 2007, Drew Houston’s career breakthrough arrived at his door when he became the co-founder and Dropbox company CEO. His skills enabled him to work efficiently in his businesses. Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi, his college mate, developed another internet service, which later garnered success and opportunity globally.
The entity received a huge raised capital with a profit margin of $10 million and above. Since the service was launched, it has reached around $350 million billion and above.
Therefore, Service Company is a successful firm whose success comes from Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi’s efforts.
The significant work Drew Houston has done in technology deserves accolades. He is listed as the ‘America’s Richest Entrepreneur’ who became successful at a young age.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Drew Houston in 2021
As of 2021, Drew Houston has an estimated net worth of about $2 billion. Since 2007, Drew has participated in the company through innovation, enabling things to be done quickly by people. Drew Houston is a co-founder of Dropbox.
Some Interesting Facts You Need to Know
- Drew Houston was among those who sang a part of the ’90s covers band back in college.
- Drew loves playing video games.
- Drew Houston endorsed Hillary Clinton during the 2016 United States Presidential elections.
- Drew Houston is among the founders of FWD.us, a lobbying group whose aim is to lobby for immigration modifications and enhancements to education.
- Drew Houston was the speaker during the 2016 MIT Annual commencement ceremonies. The main thing he insisted on was to look keenly at those you spend the most time with because they are likely to alter your career and personality.
- Dropbox received $800 million from Apple Company, making Houston a billionaire.
- In one of the interviews, Drew Houston talked about challenges faced by young CEOs in companies. One of the biggest challenges is growing your persona curve ahead of the company’s curve. He said that no one is born a CEO, but learn their work by doing it practically.
- Drew talked about being ready to have a growth mindset because we have to learn everything we come across. Everything is trainable, even the inborn skills. The secret to success is ready to learn and practice patience during the learning process. Giving up during the learning process is a sign of weakness and unwillingness.
Drew went ahead to give three pieces of advice concerning how people become successful.
- He stated that the most successful people do not work hard because they follow rules of discipline. They work hard because they enjoy solving problems.
- Always pick opportunities that will attract more skilled people. The practical part of it should be bigger because the bigger the growth, the more uncertainty it will be. Hence, that forms a good challenge that will form the basis of unleashing new ideas.
- Go for those problems that the world has a challenge in solving. Solving complex problems attracts more people because they need to know what criteria were used to arrive at the solution.
Drew is one of the humblest personalities you will ever come across. Having gotten help from his fellow IT colleague, Arash, Drew urges people to inspire people and aim only for success. The people you spend the most time with will play a great role in building your career and your entire personality.